The 2016 F1 Pre-season Test Day 2 was held in Catalonia, Spain on February 23. Relentless, after the first day, Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) stays on top.
Also, this day marked the fastest record of Vettel with 1 minute and 24 seconds. Various tires were tested out in the morning session and a new ultra-soft tire was used for this season. Immediately for Vettel, this set a best time of 1:22.802. This was the best time of the day, overpowering his rival for two consecutive days. Like Vettel, Daniel Ricchiardo (Red Bull), who also used the ultra-soft, finished second with a record of 1:23.525. In the third spot was Sergio Perez (Force India).
World champion Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg dominated in the second day. He was continuously one lap faster, proving his constancy and reliability. He ran 172 laps (800km), exceeding his results the previous day. The fourth set a record of 1:24.867.
The McLaren Honda MP4-31 was driven by Fernando Alonzo, exceeding the mileage from the first day. Although it finished 9th with the best time of 1:26.082, it exceeded the record and ran the whole course of 119 laps (553km). In two days, the test session ended without any troubles.
2016 1st Barcelona F1 Joint Test Day 2 Overall Results
1. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) 1:22.810, 126 laps
2. Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull) 1:23.525, 112 laps
3. Sergio Perez (Force India) 1:23.650, 101 laps
4. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes) 1:24.867, 172 laps
5. Marcus Ericsson (Sauber) 1:25.237, 108 laps
6. Esteban Gutierrez (Haas) 1:25.524, 79 laps
7. Valtteri Bottas (Williams) 1:25.648, 134 laps
8. Pascal Wehrlein (Manor) 1:25.925, 71 laps
9. Fernando Alonso (McLaren) 1:26.082, 119 laps
10. Jolyon Palmer (Renault) 1:26.189, 42 laps
11. Max Verstappen (Toro Rosso) 1:26.755, 121 laps
(Translated by Aileen Bolo)