CRF1000L Africa Twin

Honda Africa Twin surpasses annual sales target in less than a week

Honda Motor Company has announced that as of February 27, less than a week after its February 22 release, 1,032 units of the CRF1000L Africa Twin adventure model have been sold, exceeding its annual sales target of 1,000 units.

The CRF1000L Africa Twin offers smooth, tractable power through its new 998cc parallel twin engine as well as exceptional performance as a result of its dual-clutch transmission (DCT) with selectable on- and off-road modes.

The customer base consists mainly of male riders in their 40s and 50s. Sales of the six-speed manual transmission comprised 56.0% of the 1,032 units and the new DCT transmission made up the remaining 44.0%. As for the body colors, its standard Victory Red comprised 42.8% while Pearl Gray White and Digital Silver Metallic made up 43.7% and 13.5% of sales, respectively.

The Africa Twin has received high ratings for its adventurous and powerfully designed 998cc parallel twin engine as well as its semi-double cradle frame that provides pleasant rides not only on highways and roads but for off-roads as well.