Sales of new Honda N-BOX quadruple monthly target

Honda Motor Company announced that as of October 4, orders for the all-new N-BOX have topped 52,000 units, or over four times the monthly target, approximately one month after its release.

Of these sales, 44% consist of the N-BOX while the remaining 56% consist of the N-BOX Custom. Of the N-BOX and N-BOX Custom, 12% and 50% of their sales respectively, were for the turbo models. Moreover, the key factors contributing to their sales were the Honda Sensing advanced safety system, the largest interior space in their class, exceptional driving performance and fuel efficiency, and a quiet ride that ranks atop of their class.

Unit sales for the N-BOX series for the first half (April to September) of fiscal 2017 were 94,601 units, which were the most for any new vehicle including registrations. For Honda, this was the first time in 15 years to capture top spot for new vehicle sales since the Fit achieved it back in the first half of fiscal 2002. Moreover, this achievement was the first-ever for a Honda mini car.

Written by Toshiya Kouketsu @DAYS
(Translated by Masayuki Shikata)