According to the October Japan new car sales figures by model put together by the Japan Automobile Dealers Association and the Japan Light Motor Vehicle and Motorcycle Association, the Toyota Prius is the best-selling model in Japan with 14,053 sales for October. With its sales up 74.1% year-on-year, it has reclaimed the top spot for the first time in 2 months.
The Honda N-Box, which topped the list last month for the first time in 6 months, sold 13,891 units (+13.2%), falling behind the Prius by just 162 units sold. The Daihatsu Move moved up one place to 3rd place. With favorable sales from its new Canbus, it saw 12,502 units sold (+82.8%). Kei cars held the 2nd and 3rd place spots for the first time in 5 months since the N-Box and Daihatsu Tanto in May.
Here are the top ten sellers for October with year-on-year growth or decline in parentheses.
1. Toyota Prius, 14,053 (+74.1%)
2. Honda N-Box , 13,891 (+13.2%)
3. Daihatsu Move, 12,502 (+82.8%)
4. Toyota Aqua, 12,480 (-19.7%)
5. Nissan Serena, 12,408 (+231.5%)
6. Toyota Sienta, 10,778 (-0.7%)
7. Daihatsu Tanto, 10,559 (+4.9%)
8. Nissan Dayz, 9,499 (-2.2%)
9. Honda Freed, 9,153 (+201.2%)
10. Toyota Voxy, 7,936 (-5.6%)
(Translated by Greg Scott)