Toyota Motor Corporation Headquarters (reference image)

Toyota Group’s global sales expected to fall by 1% to 10.15 million units in 2015

On January 21, Toyota Motor Corporation announced that they are forecasting a drop to their group’s (with Daihatsu and Hino Motors) global sales by 1% to 10.15 million units for the 2015 calendar year (January ~ December).

As for the outlooks for each automaker, Toyota’s total sales are expected to increase by 0.4% to 9.18 million units with their domestic sales falling by 7% to 1.45 million units and a 2% growth overseas to 7.73 million units. Total sales for Daihatsu are figured to drop by 13% to 800,000 units with both domestic and overseas sales declining by 15% to 600,000 units and 3% to 200,000 units, respectively. Despite a sales drop by 9% domestically (50,000 units), Hino’s overall sales are expected to increase by 3% to 170,000 units thanks to a 10% increase (120,000 units) across the sea.

Moreover, the group’s global production is also expected to decline in 2015 (Jan ~ Dec) by 1% to 10.21 million units.

Toyota’s overall production is expected to increase by 0.1% to 9.01 million units with a 4% decline to its domestic production (3.13 million units) and 3% growth overseas (5.88 million units). Total production for Daihatsu will drop by 9% to 1 million units with both domestic and overseas productions falling by 12% to 690,000 units and 2% to 310,000 units, respectively. Hino’s overall production is expected to go up by 7% to 200,000 units with an 8% decline to 150,000 units domestically and an upsurge of 131% to 50,000 units outside of Japan.

(Translated by Travis Yamabata)